Friday, August 15, 2014

Hellfire Peninsula - mail transmogrification

There is so many informations about WoD and even more things to farm before it will be launched that it is hard to focus on new transmogrification sets. Moreover I really have no luck with drop recently :). Even thou I was finally able to put together my Hellfire Peninsula set. I hope I will finish my Outlands series before Draenor so it will be easier to compare both versions of same locations - current one and from Draenor. It is also highly possible that WoD will introduce potion which will let us temporary change from male to female (and of course in the other way too). I still need to check this but if it will be true it will let me show you all transmo on both male and female pandas :).
As for now I invite you on short journey around Hellfire. If you like my transmo press 'read more' and check how to collect all items I've used.
Hellfire Peninsula is first location we enter after going trough Dark Portal. You all should know where it is but to make sure you are thinking about right place here is map with marked Hellfire Peninsula:


The main thing about Hellfire (except of being full of demons, fire and lots of dangerous stuff) is red color. This part of outland is almost all covered in red. You have here red stones, red sand, red orcs, red fire, red demons etc. Because of that it wasn't hard to choose colors for my transmo set. However color is not enough for perfect Hellfire set. Check what else make this set special:


Head - almost like skull of Manoroth!

I really like skin of Zeherah's Dragonskull Crown. I remember using it on my hunter long time ago. It is part of hunter tier but you can also get it for Justice Points. It is possible that in WoD they will remove all those currencies and you will be buying all items for gold. If you like skin of this head there is also recolored version but for hunters only. I've chosen this particular one for Hellfire transmo because it has dark brown-red color and this skull reminds me of Mannoroth corpse. It let you also blend into surrounding. In this head you look dangerous enough to survive!


Shoulders, belt and chest

Both Pauldrons of the Deafening Gale and Girdle of the Dauntless Conqueror drops from the same instance. Skin of belt is really unique and I was planing to use it for some more shaman like look. However it match all other items from this set so I decided to use it now. It also covers bottom of  Replica Vest of The Five Thunders which is really ugly. At the beginning I wanted to use Mail of Crimson Coins but I just couldn't get it. After few weeks in ICC I've decided that I will find replacement. Replica Vest of The Five Thunders is good and for sure match the belt. I'm not 100% happy with it but I guess it is because I'm not big fan of this chest skin. If you like it there are few recolors available.
I was quite surprised how good those shoulders look with head I've chosen. It almost look like they both are from the same set. Moreover those shoulders have spikes. Who doesn't love spikes? They are awesome and protects you. Hellfie is really dangerous place.

All other funny stuff - hands, boots, legs and braces

The most difficulty here were legs. I couldn't find any good replacement for Rended Earth Leggings. For hunter this skin is available as part of tier but again I really wasn;t lucky with drops. I needed to craft those legs and mats wasn't really easy to get. Anyway I think they were worth all those farming and money I needed to spend.
Hands are simple green which can be get from rare spawns. They have unique skin so I really recommend you checking AH and getting one if they are cheap. Even if you do not like this particular set I made it is worth to keep those gloves in bank. Braces also can be found on AH for just few gold. It is one of the easiest BS crafts. You need only 90 skill lvl and mats are cheap.
Boots were just random ones from my bank. I guess I had them from my chest farming in Icecrown Citadel. I was planning to use different one but as long as those looked good I just left them.

The most deadly things - weapon, pet and fluffy mount

Vishanka, Jaws of the Earth was in my Void Storage for a long time now. I really like this skin and I was happy that I can finally use it somewhere. I would love to have this bow recolored version from LFR but as for now it is unobtainable. Yellow color looks ok with the whole set and is deadly enough.
For pet I wanted something with spikes. They should make one big spike as a pet. It would be awesome. I couldn't find anything really ferocious and epic so I took plain scorpid which can be caught in Hellfire Peninsula. It is red but as far as I remember it can be found also in other colors.
Mount was obvious choice for me.  Grand Wyvern looks just great and it is Horde only. It even has spikes!

Items used in this transmogrification:


Click on item name to be redirected to Wowhead.
Head: Zeherah's Dragonskull Crown
Drop location: Vendor Faldren Tillsdale (A)/ Jamus'Vaz (H) (currency JP as of 5.4) | unique skin for shamans!
Shoulders: Pauldrons of the Deafening Gale
Drop location: Grand Chempions - Trial of the Crusader. (last boss) hc mode only | unique color
Chest: Replica Vest of The Five Thunders
Drop location: Vendor Baruma (Darkmoon Faire 75 tokens | BoE can be found on AH) | unique color for hunters!
Gloves: Warmonger's Gauntlets
Drop location: Green item - you can farm lvl 45-48 rares or check on AH | unique skin!
Waist: Girdle of the Dauntless Conqueror
Drop location: The Black Knight - Trial of the Champion (last boss) | unique color!
Legs: Rended Earth Leggings
Drop location: Leatherworking (525 lvl required) - recipe from DS | unique skin for shamans!
Boots: Necrophotic Greaves
Drop location: Lady Deathwhisper - Icecrown Citadel (2nd boss) 25hc mode only | unique color
Cloak: ----
Bracers: Runed Copper Bracers
Drop location: Blacksmithing (90 lvl required) recipe from trainer | unique skin
Weapon: Vishanka, Jaws of the Earth
Drop location: Deathwing - Dragon Soul (last boss) normal mode only | unique skin

Weapon for Shaman:

Weapon: Staff of the Plaguehound
Drop location: Kel'Thuzad - Naxxramas (last boss) 10 man mode only | unique skin

Mount: Grand Wyvern
Source: Quest reward Breath of Darkest Shadow (HORDE only)
Pet: Scorpid
Source: Pet Battle (Various locations for example: Hellfire Peninsula)


Bonus - final look on Hellfire Peninsula:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template designed by Fluffy Fat Fabulous