Thursday, October 30, 2014

Shadowmoon Valley - mail transmogrification


I've never realized that pre patch time can be so busy. I guess there will be even more things to do when WoD will finally arrive. Because of that I will be posting less often however I will do my best to keep this blog alive! There are so many transmo which I would like to show you.
Today we will stop in Shadowmoon Valley - fifth location from my outland list - which is full of demons, fel energy and shattered rocks.


Where is Shadowmoon Valley? It is bottom right corner of Outlands.



Name of this location doesn't change since Draenor shattering however it is no longer peaceful, full of Draenei and purple trees land. Wherever you look, there are fel flames, demons and covered by fel energy rocks. I wanted to keep this unnatural, bright green look in my transmo set. This is what I get:



I think it is a little bit cosmic however it is how I see Shadowmoon Valley. It took me a while to collect all necessary items and here is more detailed description about each of them:

Shard, more shards and mask - head and shoulders


As in most cases I've started my set from head. I found great skin in Ulduar which is really unique. Helm of Veiled Energies is green metal mask which covers whole face and make your eyes burn with orange light. The only minus of wearing this head is chain attached to it. On my Pandaren it is completely lost in her body texture. When she moves I can see it clearly however when she stands you can see only top of chain.
Shoulders comes from the same set. both items can be easy farmed on 10 man Ulduar. They comes from first bosses so it isn't really time consuming. The only problem is that you can kill every boss only one a week :(.


Demon face and lots of green - chest and belt


I really like skin of Auchenai Tracker's Hauberk! It looks like demons face. I know it has really strong colors and I could probably use something darker but I think it match this transmo topic. Schadowmoon Valley (at least current one) is all about fel energy and demons.
I needed for belt something green too. Soldier's Girdle is green in everything :). There were few green belts to choose from so i decide to pick one I will get first. This one was on ah for 50 silvers so I just bought it.

All other clothes - legs, gloves and boots


Those three items were quite random. I spend some time farming Fiery Obelisk Handguards but I was just really unlucky with them. As long as it is hc dungeon drop I could do it only once a day. I was so busy recently that I couldn't do it every day so I spend about two weeks trying to get them.
Homeguard Leggings can be found as drop but I bought mine. Now when jp and vp are removed you can buy all items for gold what makes it really easy. There is no longer need to farm jp.
I've crafted Tsunami Boots because this unique skin is almost invisible on pandas. I didn;t wanted to cover my legs so I picked them. They can be easy replaced by invisible cosmetic boots or any other almost invisible skin.

Deadly stuff - weapon, mount and pet


Weapon was obvious choice.Black Bow of the Betrayer drops from Illidian which is essence of Shadowmoon Valley. It is also one of my favorite bows. I'm glad I could use it somwhere
There were lots of pets and mounts which looked good here. I do not have them all so from my small collection I've picked The Horseman's Reins which in my opinion looks like corrupted by fel energy.
As pet i was thinking about fel flame but Minfernal won. I'm not sure why. Maybe I like it because it was harder to get and I spend some time farming it :). Anyway infernals are definitely connected with Shadowmoon Valley

Items used in this transmogrification:


Click on item name to be redirected to Wowhead.
Head: Helm of Veiled Energies
Drop location: XT-002 Deconstructor - Ulduar (2nd boss) 10 players mode only | unique color
Shoulders: Observer's Mantle
Drop location: Algalon- Ulduar (3nd boss) 10 players mode only | unique color
Chest: Auchenai Tracker's Hauberk
Drop location: Quest reward from The End of the Exarch | one more location available (BoE world drop)
Gloves: Fiery Obelisk Handguards
Drop location: Herald VolazjAhn'kahet: The Old Kingdom (last boss) HC only | unique color
Waist: Soldier's Girdle
Drop location: Green drop you can try to farm 13-17 lvl rare or check AH | few other drop locations available
Legs: Homeguard Leggings
Drop location: Vendor Ao Pye (541g) | few other drop locations available

Boots: Tsunami Boots
Drop location: Leatherworking (450ilvl required) - Recipe from LW research | unique skin
Cloak: ----
Bracers: ----
Weapon: Black Bow of the Betrayer
Drop location: Illidan Stormrage - Black Temple (last boss)  | unique skin

Weapon for Shaman:

Weapon: Dreamer's Dragonstaff
Drop location: Thorngrin the Tender - The Botanica (3 boss) any difficulty | unique color


Mount: The Horseman's Reins
Source: Loot-Filled Pumpkin - Halloween World Event
Pet: Minfernal
Source: Pet Battle - Felwood


Bonus - final look on Shadowmoon Valley:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template designed by Fluffy Fat Fabulous